I never thought that photography would be the meaning of my life. For a long time I worked in the Drama Theatre of the main lighting designer, for 8 years. At one point I realized that this work - not what I wanted to do in the future, left her and became interested in artistic photography. Boris Mikhailov is one of the most famous photo-artists of the world (as well as winner of the Hasselblad Foundation International Award in Photography) became my teacher and mentor.
Since then I have been held for more than 30 collective and individual photo exhibitions. Thanks to the exhibition has become a well-known projects such as: "Ghosts. Famine 30-ies", "I come from childhood", "Games of libido", "Bitch Love", and now they are displayed in collections:Multimedia Art Museum (Moscow, Russia), National Center for Contemporary Arts (NCCA) (Moscow, Russia), Museum of Ken Damy (Bresha, Italy), Museum of Contemporary Photography (Chicago, USA), Moscow Museum of Modern Art (Moscow, Russia), Navigator Foundation (Boston, USA), ARTOTHEK (Nürnberg, Germany).
I believe that in the photographic art, as in any other art, very important: self-awareness, self-deepening spiritual exhibitionism, and the creation of a dramatic concept of own feelings.
2014 - Certificate of honor from the Ministry of Culture of Ukraine for personal contribution to the development and popularization of Ukrainian photographic art, for diligent work and professionalism.
2013 - Sony World Photography Awards conceptual photographer of the year title.
2010 - Kharkiv Municipal Art Award in the field of artistic photography.
Personal and collective exhibitions:
• "Soviet Photo" Dadiani Fine Art. London, UK
• "Probability Theory" is the 7-th project under the Ukrainian platform "New Directions", introduced by the Modern Art Research Institute National Academy of Arts supported by The Ministry of Culture of Ukraine. Kyiv, Ukraine
• Premonition: Ukrainian Art Now, Saatchi Gallery, London, UK
• "Act of Disobedience. The Body as Protest in the Kharkov Photography 1970-2010". The Lumiere Brothers Center for Photography, Moscow, Russia
• Sony World Photography Awards 2013 exhibition in frames of The European Month of Photography in Bratislava, Slovakia
• "Industrial Eden". Modern Art Research Institute, Kyiv, Ukraine
• Sony World Photography Awards 2013 exhibition. Art Museum, Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine
• "Ukraine: Expropriation". Grinberg Gallery, Moscow, Russia
• NordArt 2013, an exhibition of contemporary art. Büdelsdorf, Germany
• Sony World Photography Awards 2013 exhibition, Somerset House, London, United Kingdom
• "Social euphoria", a group exhibition at the Modern Art Research Institute of Ukrainian Academy of Arts. Kyiv, Ukraine
• "Cult of the Body", a group photography exhibition by members of UPHA — Ukrainian Photographic Alternative. London, United Kingdom
• "Kharkiv School of Photography. The Draving lessons", collective exhibition in frames of The First Kyiv International Biennale of Contemporary Art ARSENALE 2012 Parallel Program. Kyiv, Ukraine
• "Perspective", collective art project in frames of The First Kyiv International Biennale of Contemporary Art ARSENALE 2012 Parallel Program. Kyiv, Ukraine
• The FotoFest 2012 Biennial «Contemporary Russian Photography 1950s–2012». Houston, Texas, USA
• Collective exhibition "ARTisARTisART". Moscow Museum of Modern Art. Moscow, Russia
• "2011-China Pingyao International Photography Festival" (PIP). Pingyao, China
• "European Festival of the Nude Photography - 2011". Espace van Gogh. Arles, France
• "Kill photo". Gallery Ya Gallery (Pavlo Gudimov Art Center). Kiev, Ukraine
• "Kill photo". Gallery Art-Kvartira (Pavlo Gudimov Art Center). Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine
• "Wrong Photo". Gallery Exit. Odessa, Ukraine.
• "Якщо, Если, If". PERMM Museum of Contemporary Art. Perm, Russia
• The Arsenal Center for the Arts. Kyiv, Ukraine
• Kunstverein Nuremberg Kohlenhof e.V. in the Germanic National Museum. Nuremberg, Germany
• Modern Photography Museum Ken Damy. Bresh, Italy
• Artists' House. Kharkiv, Ukraine
• Innensicht Gallery. Nuremberg, Germany
• Central House of Artists, Moscow, Russia
• Fotografier Gallery. Gothenburg , Sweden
• Gallery of the "New Game" Tokyo, Japan
• Roy Boyd Gallery. Chicago, Illinois, USA
• Gallery "F-4", Cheb, Czech Republic
• "Eroosio. Soviet Conceptual Art & Photography of the 1980`s". Amos Anderson Art Museum. Helsinki, Finland
• "Op-positions: Commitment and Cultural Identity in Contemporary Photography" II International Biennale of Photography. Center for photography. Rotterdam, Netherlands
• "New Human Landscape", an exhibition at the International Festival of Photography "Les Rencontres d'Arles". Arles, France
• Interim-Gallery. Nuremberg, Germany
• "Contemporary Russian Photography". A Group Exhibition. Tampa Museum of Art . Tampa, FL, USA
• "Soul of Ukraine". Cincinnati, USA
• Center for Contemporary Art. Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
• Gallery Up/Down, Kharkiv, Ukraine
• "Fotostroika" New York, USA
• "Award for Young European photographers" Hamburg, Germany
• UKS Gallery (Unge Kunstneres Samfund Galleri (norw.) / Gallery of the Society of young artists (eng.)) Oslo, Norway
• "Photomanifesto: contemporary photography in the USSR" New York, Baltimore, USA
• "Inakovidichie" Milan, Italy
• "Zapretnye" Stockholm, Sweden
• "Middfest International Festival". Middletown, Ohio, USA
• "Ereignis & Erweiterung, Erinnerung & Erkenntnis" Interim, Nürnberg, Germany
• "150 Years of Photography". Central Exhibition Hall "Manege", Moscow, Russia
• "Contemporary Soviet Photography" Stockholm, Sweden